- About Us
- Get Involved
- Give Today!
- Our Properties
- Bachner Nature Preserve
- Granville Sand Barrens and Roy Whistler Wildlife Area
- Black Rock Barrens Heischman-McAdams Reserve
- Black Rock Nature Preserve
- Boehning Nature Reserve
- Cranberry Marsh Wildlife Area- Conservation Easement
- Fisher Oak Savanna Nature Preserve
- Gladys & Al Wright Rock Creek Nature Reserve
- Hewitt Estate
- Holley Savanna
- Indian Creek Basin
- Justice Farms
- Kohnkes’ Little Pine Valley
- Mary I Gerard Nature Preserve
- Phil and Joan Ferguson Nature Preserve
- Moyer Gould Woods
- Pecan Basin Cates/Clawson Reserve
- Shawnee Bottoms Bodine Tract
- Shepherd Swamp
- Wabash Bottoms Janssen Tract
- Walnut Fork Wildlife Refuge
- Weaver Family Nature Reserve
- Weiler-Leopold Nature Reserve
- The Ranch
- Mulvey Pond
- Martin Estate
- Hoffman Easement
- Wise Island
- Wright Wildlife Corridor
- Rock River Farm
- Calvert & Porter National Natural Landmark
- Potawatomi Trail
- Frogs’ Glory
- Peter’s Mill
- Bershire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve
- Mussel Shoals
- Heron Bottoms
- Wildcat Creek Reflections
NICHES Believes That:
- The Northern Indiana landscape is home to ecosystems of native plants and animals that should be protected.
- Access and connection with natural areas and open space improves the quality of people’s lives. People in our region should be able to live among sustainable, healthy, attractive landscapes.
- Private landowners have an important role to play in helping to provide larger ecological and social benefits for the local community.
- Fostering an ethic of stewardship for the land and water is an important step to achieving lasting protection of native plants and animals.
- The study of our natural resources of our region contributes to our understanding and appreciation of the lands and waters.
- The long term viability of our Organization is a critical component to being able to achieve our vision so that future generations can enjoy the same quality natural experiences as today.
NICHES Vision for the Future
NICHES’ long-term vision:
- Our region is a place where there are large connected areas of terrestrial and acquatic habitat which sustainable populations of native species thrive;
- Local communities are integrated into ecologically sustainable, aesthetically appealing landscapes offering many opportunities for enjoyment of natural areas and open space;
- Local communities have found ways to minimize negative human impacts on local ecological processes and take advantage of local environmental resources in a sustainable manner thereby improving region’s quality of life;
- Multiple and diverse stakeholders from local communities are engaged in protection, restoration and stewardship of the landscape in an open and participatory manner.
NICHES Land Trust
300 Main Street, Suite 219
Lafayette, IN 47901
Our BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Linda Prokopy, President
Dan Towery, Vice President
Bonnie Maxwell, Secretary
Anne Painter, Treasurer