- About Us
- Get Involved
- Give Today!
- Our Properties
- Bachner Nature Preserve
- Granville Sand Barrens and Roy Whistler Wildlife Area
- Black Rock Barrens Heischman-McAdams Reserve
- Black Rock Nature Preserve
- Boehning Nature Reserve
- Cranberry Marsh Wildlife Area- Conservation Easement
- Fisher Oak Savanna Nature Preserve
- Gladys & Al Wright Rock Creek Nature Reserve
- Hewitt Estate
- Holley Savanna
- Indian Creek Basin
- Justice Farms
- Kohnkes’ Little Pine Valley
- Mary I Gerard Nature Preserve
- Phil and Joan Ferguson Nature Preserve
- Moyer Gould Woods
- Pecan Basin Cates/Clawson Reserve
- Shawnee Bottoms Bodine Tract
- Shepherd Swamp
- Wabash Bottoms Janssen Tract
- Walnut Fork Wildlife Refuge
- Weaver Family Nature Reserve
- Weiler-Leopold Nature Reserve
- The Ranch
- Mulvey Pond
- Martin Estate
- Hoffman Easement
- Wise Island
- Wright Wildlife Corridor
- Rock River Farm
- Calvert & Porter National Natural Landmark
- Potawatomi Trail
- Frogs’ Glory
- Peter’s Mill
- Bershire-Tarnowski Forest Preserve
- Mussel Shoals
- Heron Bottoms
- Stoutsburg Savanna Nature Preserve
- Wildcat Creek Reflections
NICHES Believes That:
- The Northern Indiana landscape is home to ecosystems of native plants and animals that should be protected.
- Access and connection with natural areas and open space improves the quality of people’s lives. People in our region should be able to live among sustainable, healthy, attractive landscapes.
- Private landowners have an important role to play in helping to provide larger ecological and social benefits for the local community.
- Fostering an ethic of stewardship for the land and water is an important step to achieving lasting protection of native plants and animals.
- The study of our natural resources of our region contributes to our understanding and appreciation of the lands and waters.
- The long term viability of our Organization is a critical component to being able to achieve our vision so that future generations can enjoy the same quality natural experiences as today.
NICHES Vision for the Future
NICHES’ long-term vision:
- Our region is a place where there are large connected areas of terrestrial and acquatic habitat which sustainable populations of native species thrive;
- Local communities are integrated into ecologically sustainable, aesthetically appealing landscapes offering many opportunities for enjoyment of natural areas and open space;
- Local communities have found ways to minimize negative human impacts on local ecological processes and take advantage of local environmental resources in a sustainable manner thereby improving region’s quality of life;
- Multiple and diverse stakeholders from local communities are engaged in protection, restoration and stewardship of the landscape in an open and participatory manner.
NICHES Land Trust
1782 N 400 E
Clegg Memorial Garden
Lafayette, IN 47905
Our BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Linda Prokopy, President
Dan Towery, Vice President
Bonnie Maxwell, Secretary
Bill McFee, Treasurer